Spinach and taleggio cheese risotto, an easy way to combine main course and daily intake of greenery.
Rich and creamy it is plenty of flavours.
Spinach can be replaced by other similar greens, such as savoy cabbage or chicory.
This recipe is really suitable for kids too, I used to make it for mine, they liked a very green risotto with “wires”
Moreover you can convince them by promising a Triple chocolate naughty cookie if they finish the all dish 😉
This recipe needs a tasty stock to be prepared in advance.
You can prepare traditional vegetable stock or you can make one express by using an homemade stock cube
- In a casserole start to warm up already made stock.
- In a cooking pan stir fry garlic cloves halves in melted butter. After fiew minutes add all the rice and toast it. Take garlic away.
- When rice turn translucid add 2-3 laddles of hot stock
- Add spinach and keep cooking, mixing often and adding stock when rice absorbed the previous.
- Taleggio: remove skin/crust and cut in dice
- Risotto should be ready after 17-18 min of cooking, but taste yours. Season it if needed
- Turn off heat and add cheese. Mix well and energetically. Serve